SigmaTel™ High Definition Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.5614.0
This update resolves audio issues and improves audio playback.
1. Download the update and save it to a download directory (please note this directory for reference).
2. Close all running programs.
3. Open Windows Programs and Features (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.)
4. Double-click "SigmaTel Audio" or "IDT Audio" (depending on the VAIO model) to uninstall it and click "Continue".
5. Click "OK" to completely remove the selected software.
6. Click "Finish" and restart the computer.
7. If the "Found New Hardware" Wizard appears after Windows has completely rebooted, click Cancel. (skip this step if the wizard does not appear)
8. Go to the download directory and double-click "STDAUD-01487701-UN.exe".
9. Click "Continue".
10. Click Next and wait while the Wizard installs the new software
11. When the installation completed dialog box appears, ensure that "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" is selected and click "Finish".
12. The computer automatically restarts.
TROUBLESHOOTING : I just updated my driver and now I have no sound anymore!
After installing this driver, some audio settings are reset to factory defaults. To change the default audio settings, do the following steps:
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Playback or Recording tabs -> change audio settings back to your preferences..
To verify that the installation is successful:
1. Open Device Manager > expand "Sound, video and game controllers" > double-click "SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC" > click Driver tab.
2. Driver Date is: 13/09/2007.
3. Driver Version is: 6.10.5614.0.
4. Digital Signature is: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.
- 32 bit
- 6.6 Mb