The package you are about to download contains the drivers that originaly come preinstalled on your unit.
These drivers are automatically reinstalled on your computer if you perform a system recovery.
(For more information about how to recover your VAIO to its original state, please clickhere.)
Furthermore, on most VAIO computers, these drivers can be found on your Hard Disk Drive in the following folder:C:\Driversor on your Recovery CD.
The drivers included in this package are not updated drivers.
If updated versions of the preinstalled drivers are available for your model, they can be found separately in theDrivers and Updatessection of the VAIO-Link web site or via VAIO Update if your computer has this functionality.
Thus, if you are still using the preinstalled Operating System and didn"t delete theC:\Driversfolder (for recent models) or still have your Recovery CD"s (for older models), you do not need to download this package.
How to install RAID drivers during Windows XP Setup
This applies to the VAIO notebooks listed below:
Note. You will need a USB floppy disk drive (not supplied)
1. Copy the RAID driver files to a floppy disk
2. Connect a USB floppy disk drive to your computer
3. Boot your computer by using the Windows XP installation CD-ROM
4. Press "F6" to install 3rd-party RAID controllers
5. Press "S" to specify special disk controllers
6. When prompted, insert the floppy disk that contains the RAID drivers
7. Select "Intel(R) 82801GHM SATA RAID Controller (Mobile ICH7MR/DH)"
8. Press Enter to load the above selected mass storage device
9. Press Enter to install Windows XP
10. Press "F8" to accept the Windows licence agreement
11. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete Windows XP setup
How to install High Definition audio driver after Windows XP setup
1. You must first install the Microsoft"s KB835221 hotfix
2. Install the audio driver for your sound device
- 32 bit
- 94.16 Mb